Friday, November 21, 2008

I am still loving it

Yes I am still loving the weather. This is a nice treat for the city we do not normally get this cold weather for like 5 no 6 days in a row! Having this weather makes it really nice to watch how people react to the cold. I have co-workers that totally hate it. The negative comes out and they complain about how long will it last and it needs to go away. I try to offset the negative by telling them that not to worry it will be gone before we know it and that they normal heated weather will return to look at it as a fresh renewed beginning. Ok imagine how that type of positive outlook goes when you are just negative and refuse to get out of your box? Yeah not far. So to them I just say sorry I wish you well tootles. Then there are others that are just a pleasure to see. They embrace it and take it as a sign to break out that leather jacket they had in the back closet. The air smells clean and fresh makes you shake and shaking it good because it lets your insides know stuff in happening. Then there are those that just take it to a level that is just plain funny. I think of the Northern clients I talk to and imagine them smiling at us. Some folks go all out and dress to the nines in this weather! I mean the leather jackets, the scarf around the neck, the knee high boots and wraps. We don't do hats here in Miami unless its a baseball cap sorry thats a Northern thing. But these folks feel the cold and go OK time to have fun and pretend it's colder then it is. Yeah guys enjoy it.

Last night my husband and I went to dinner at this French restaurant Le P'tit Paris located in Coconut Grove. It was located in the heart of the Grove and we sat outside. The weather was perfect for it. The food was good. We had some Goat Cheese crepes, Humus, Beef Steak, and Mustard Chicken. No dessert we were full after all that. I sat there and watched the people walk by and see all the different types of weather lovers/haters. The embracers I just loved to watch. They had smiles and some had that serious city life stare. It was just truly nice to see all the different personalities.

Afterwards we went home and I saw Grey's Anatomy. Izzy has to be the most confused woman I have ever seen. First she hooks up with this doctor that I can't remember his name and all is looking good and then her dead ex-fiance is haunting her. Whats more amazing is you see the Ghost with tears in his eyes and refusing to let her go on. And she made love with a Ghost? Oh come on now Izzy!

The weekend is here and plans are to get together Saturday with some friends and go to Karaoke. No I am NOT going to attempt to sing I actually know better but it's fun to watch.

Stay tune

Todays Quote


"Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy."

Thich Nhat Hanh

No comments: