Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Another beautiful day in Miami!

Oh it is another beautiful cold morning in Miami! In the mid 50's and it will reach a high of 73 and then down again tonight, I said it yesterday but it is worth repeating THANK YOU MOTHER NATURE!



Last night's DWTS was pretty cool. Ok I am feeling pretty stupid sometimes when I listen to these judges because I see a performance I think was great and they are like oh that is the worst I have ever seen. For example Brooke and Derek did a Jive, and yes Derek was nervous about it because it is not his strong point. But honestly I thought they rocked! Oh the judges hit them hard. They worked a fake knee-to-groin shot into the choreography! It was awesome and the beginning she did this back fall where Derek caught her! Oh man it was good. Yes there was an illegal lift (WOW), and Carri Ann had to point that out and say "That is disrespectful." Oh get a hold of yourself missy. Len called the whole thing a disaster! A disaster? Hello I thought it was great so I was left stupid thinking ok I thought I have seen disasters and that dance was not a disaster. Poor Brooke was not used to getting BAD feedback. This is the one the judges loved from day 1. So she had this shocked look actually I thought she was going to cry. I still think she will win this competition but it was interesting to see her in near tears.

Ok so for her second dance she did a Salsa and yes I thought it was good. I thought the first one was better so I expected the harsh judgement and get this - THEY LOVED IT! Ah hello? Where am I living? I am not a dancing judge and obviously I cannot play one on TV.

So now on to my new hot couple Lance Bass and Lacey Schwimmer. The TOTALLY ROCKED and the Judges agreed with me - HUH how did that happen? Lance said he wanted to do these dances for his Grandpa who was in the audience and at practice and he had this glow of wanting to impress his grandfather. It was totally cute. Len admited he's been a bit tough, but "In this competition, it's not where you start, it's where you finish." Carrie Ann said it was a show stopper! Bruno exults, "Now THIS is semi-final material!"

There 2nd dance was the Jitterbug. This one was especially for Grandpa since it was the dance to do in his whipper snapper time period. Decked out in Navy costumes, Lance and Lacey leap into a high energy USO themed jitterbug. Very fun, very theatrical, very upbeat. So upbeat in fact that Lance loses his shoe half way through the routine. He kicks it out of the way and just keeps rolling. They end with a crazy lift. The crowd goes absolutely nuts! Bruno describes it as a joy. Carrie Ann says it was magic. Len gives them a salute. The judges loved it. Me too! (Yeah another agreement it was a weird night). Well they loved it so much that they got 2 out of 3 scores of 10 yes a total of 29 for this dance that is 29 out of 30! Oh yes go Lance!

For tonight's show Susan Lucci and Mark Ballas return to dance again. Julianne Hough sings! Aretha Franklin is scheduled to sing too. I think.



SO who will go home tonight?



Stay tune..

Quote for today.....

"A pearl is a beautiful thing that is produced by an injured life. It is the tear [that results] from the injury of the oyster. The treasure of our being in this world is also produced by an injured life. If we had not been wounded, if we had not been injured, then we will not produce the pearl."

Stephan Hoeller

No comments: