Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day

Ok I voted! I was at my poll place at 6:45 AM thinking ok as in the past little line hardly any wait should be out by 7:30. Well I got there and hum there is a line a wee bit longer then in the past. Ok to be expected. So I got out and thought once they open at 7 it will hopefully move. And it did the line was actually pretty good in movement in the beginning. Then it just sort of stopped. You see I live in Floriduh and we now have to do things the very long way. So you tell me why it took so long. You walk in and go to the line under your last name's initial ok. Check in and get this tiny blue paper. Then you are directed to another line. Ok go to that line and two long ballot sheets front and back and you black pen because you will need that for voting. Ok get your sheets and wait in you guessed it another line. This line is for the voting booth oh but since this is paper ballot the ballot box is merely a place to fill in the blank. Ok so I am productive ( I am special that way) and I fill in the blanks while in line. I was smart I did my homework and knew what I wanted to do and even brought in my filled sample ballot. Ok so now I walk up to the ballot box and pretty much validate what I had written. Ok fine I am so done. Then I go to the guy I am done and he goes "Ok great now stand in this line" ARRGGG another line? Oh yes there is another line so I can put my ballot in a scanner so after a while I scan my two sheets of ballot paper and I am ready for them to tell me to stand in another line but they don't. They take the black pen they gave me the pretty blue paper and tell me to go and thank you! So when I originally thought oh by 7:30 I am out of there turned out I am walking out of there at 8:20. I know I did my American duty and voted and I feel good about that I really do but come on the process could of been so much more easier.

Ok on to happier news - Dancing With the Stars

The show started with individual dancers but later in the show they were going to be hook up with their teams. They would be divided into 2 sets of teams named Team Cha Cha and Team Paso Doble. 3 couples on one and 3 couples on the other. The group would dance and the score that the judges gave them would be added to their individual scores and then of course added to the votes received by the viewers. Well some of the expected rah rah rah was for BROOKE BURKE & DEREK HOUGH - Scoring Carrie Ann: 10 Len: 10 Bruno: 10 - 30 out of 30 - the first perfect score of the season! I have to admit the girl is good she really is good.

LANCE BASS & LACEY SCHWIMMER - Scoring
The judges are divided on this dance. Bruno and Carrie Ann hand out nines, but Len only award the rumba a seven. 25 out of 30. It was funny to see the judges fighting which goes to show its a matter of taste who has it and who does not. Len is a fuddy duddy so he does not like if someone does anything not traditional. I think they deserved a higher score but thats my little opinion.

SUSAN LUCCI & TONY DOVOLANI - Paso Doble

This week during rehearsal Susan and Tony butted heads. Tony said he wanted to get Susan all fired up in order to bring out the aggression for the Paso Doble and boy he sure did. Bruno loved it. Carrie Ann makes Susan stand up and shout "I'm doing good!" That's self motivation, Carrie Ann Inaba style. Len said it was among Susan's best routines, full of danger and drama. So did it show in the score? 24 out of 30. Ok good but come on can you go higher then an 8 just for once! Don't make her get all Erica Kane on you all!

This week because of the election the Results Show has been moved to Wednesday night at 8PM. Don't forget to vote! Sure, vote for your favorite couple on the show, but get out there and vote for real, too. See you Wednesday. GO SUSAN! Ops did I say that out loud?

Stay Tune..

No comments: