Thursday, November 20, 2008

Another beautiful morning

Yes another beautiful morning waking up to mid 50's. But the tide is changing and it will warm up to 75. I am so grateful for these great mornings so far and I look forward to many more. That time of year is approaching where I feel one needs to look back and just think of what one is grateful for. So many things are passing us by and our lives are in a fast pace that it is important to stop daily and think ok what has been nice about today and days gone by? I have been practicing this in my daily visualization and now it is pretty much a nice habit.

Next week family will be coming in to stay with us my very favorite father in law! I may not write as much during those days but I want to wish everyone a super holiday season. I plan on ok hold your horses yes doing some LITE cooking. We are having Thanksgiving Dinner at our place since in years gone by going to a restaurant has been unfavorable. Well unfavorable for those in the group that order Turkey some of us who order the restaurant specialty always come out liking our dish. So this year it will be at the house and oh no I am so not spending the day in the kitchen we will be ordering from Whole Foods. They are pretty good so I am looking forward to it. I think I may try my hand at making a Chocolate Martini. Honestly how hard can it be?

The quote for today is from a Native American Indian known as Tecumseh. Last month, the holiday of Halloween was celebrated. This is the holiday of the dead. Many traditions show honor to our dead ancestors and give thanks to them for our lives today. In the spirit of the changing of the seasons and to show respect for life by recognizing those who have gone before us, I give you Tecumseh's powerful words.

So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart.

Trouble no one about his religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your live, perfect your life; beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the Great Divide. Always give a word or sign of salute when meeting or passing a friend, or even a stranger, if in a lonely place. Show respect to all people, but grovel to none. When you arise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life and strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no reason for giving thanks, the fault lies in yourself.
Touch not the poisonous firewater that makes wise ones turn to fools and robs the spirit of its vision. When your time comes to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with fear of death,
so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home.


Have a great day!

No comments: