Thursday, April 1, 2010

A little rant

Good day Miami! It is in the 60's right now and a ton of fog all around. I have to admit I love seeing the fog on the lawn it just reminds me of clouds and makes me wish I could walk on the cloud. Yeah I know I am a little girl at heart. Had dinner with a friend from work last night one of those last minute things she asked I accepted and it was nice to exchange some idol gossip. So I started watching last night my regular daytime soaps and I was watching what is usually my favorite one (All My Children) and I found myself blue. That show was so hot and on fire a few short years ago, I mean there was Palmer, Adam and Stuart, Erica and well pick a man any man. Those were the times I loved attending Super Soap Weekend at Disney's MGM Studio. The show filmed in New York and every so often they would do an outside location shot which was cool because it was funny to see the fictional town of Pine Valley have a New York flair. Then occasionally one of the characters would take a shuttle to New York and you would see the usual NY places.

Well now we are in present day and Super Soap Weekend is no longer happening, at least not in Florida. James Mitchell who played Palmer recently passed away he was not seen much because of his ill health. The powers that be hired a head writer who just destroyed the core characters. We fans call him Pratt Falls because he just made everything fall down and die. The one up side the powers that be finally opened their eyes and listened to fans and he is no longer employed there but the damage he has done is done. One of the most beloved characters Stuart was killed - a casualty of Pratt Falls era. Stuart being killed left Adam helpless and alone because Stuart was the good brother who always saw the best in Adam and well Adam was not a very nice guy. David Canary plays/played the parts of Adam and Stuart. He is awesome because he and Stuart are twins and you could see a scene and go wait that is Adam pretending to be Stuart. Seriously he was that good.

Why am I going on about AMC? Well the show recently relocated to Los Angeles. Oh yeah from NY to LA? They claim it is to save money but the loss that is coming (in my opinion) is huge. David Canary does not like LA he likes NY he is a New Yorker so he decided not to renew his contract so as a result some time this month he will no longer be on the show. Yeah that's another core character leaving. Joe Martin who was with the show when it started 40 years ago was written off they moved his core veteran character to Florida. Great another core character gone. Susan Lucci who plays the memorable Erica Kane said she is a New Yorker and will always be a New Yorker so she does not want to work as many hours so she is doing (for now) 2 weeks of filming and off for 2 weeks. Yeah she can do that because the day they lose Erica Kane that is it buddy head for the hills and shut it down. So who is left? All the young characters. It is sad when you see shows no longer honor their vets and push them away and bring in the new young kids. Am I watching it? Well yeah because I just can't cope without my soap!

Ok that is my rant. Now for some idol celebrity gossip courtesy of Naugthy But Nice Rob Shuter

Sandra Bullock is going through torment dealing with the Jesse James cheating scandal. Heartbroken Sandra Feels Like She Failed. She is blaming herself saying things like maybe she should of not worked and stayed home to be a full time wife? (Seriously Sandra? Come on the dude cheated with a tattoo bimbo it is so not your fault!)

And now on to the weekend...oh what will it bring

Stay Tune

No comments: