Wednesday, March 31, 2010

DWTS - Crap or fiction?

Oh boy a whole week has gone by and it only seems like it was yesterday I was swearing I would write more often. It has been a pretty decent week. Had some family fun times and some friends fun time. One sad note my local Tony Romas unexpectedly closed for business. Yes I am sadden for that because I almost found it as my public private lodge. I would go there on a Saturday night or Friday night for an after dinner drink or more for the conversations I would have with the bartender there and some locals that would come. It was nice it was not overly crowded, clean and everyone who worked there were friendly and did the "HI!" when they saw me. Yeah when you go there once or twice a week they tend to know you. So I went there Friday night and Renee (bartender) and I are talking and she is all excited because they had asked her to head local marketing and PR relations. She was having plans on going to the area businesses and my Moose Lodge. We even were discussing on setting up a Twitter account for them and start offering tweet specials. She tells me there is an upcoming meeting and she will know more. Well next thing I know 2 days later she sends me a text saying they closed the place. Apparently everyone came in to work that day and were told today is your last day we are closed. Very sad to hear about this.

Now I begin with DWTS. Oh where to begin where to begin. If you read my previous entries on the first dances you know how I feel about some of the "stars." Now the results and who got kicked off. The way it works there are points the judges provide and then text and phone in votes. I have always had my concerns on phone in votes because sometimes I find it hard to believe Americans are that stupid. Ok fine not stupid but makes me say "Seriously????"

First I think we have already seen the possible winner and that is Nicole Scherzinger and Derek Hough. First Derek is just once of the best dancers out there. He truly is excellent and his routines are top notch and on fire. Nicole is just really good. But of course she is good she was part of the dancer grop PussyCat Dolls. The show tends to do this they throw in obvious front runners and she is one of them and paired with Derek well they should make it to the finals.

My wishful contestant/dancer is Aiden Turner. Oh Aiden I so like him. He was (until recently) on All My Children and well now he is here struggling. He is struggling to learn to dance. I hate to say it but he has no rhythm. But all I can is "Aiden, you can do it!"

Then we have the Great Grandpa generation representative Buzz Aldin. Lordly help us all. Look I respect the man he is a great leader and awesome American, but he has no business on the dance floor.

Now we lets get to Pamela Anderson who decided on her first week she was going to play the role of Nicole Anna Smith (hee hee ha ha kiss kiss ops there goes my boob) and this week she decided to play Marilyn Monroe. (Do I see a trend here?) Can she dance? Ask the 2 gay guy judges who are drooling over her and the supposedly straight female judge who pretty much wants to make out with her. Oh they love her. Noticed I said THEY love her. Sorry I have seen better. And, the stupid dumb blonde act (it is an act isn't it?) is just well annoying. SO I was happy to see her in the bottom two.

Now I come to the other bottom two dancer Shannen Doherty. Well I like Shannen I certainly do. I liked her on Melrose Place and I liked her a lot on Charmed. Actually I liked her more on Charmed. Was she an excellent dancer? No but she was better then Pamela and certainly better then Buzz.

So who left? It is with deep regret I must say Shannen Doherty has left the building. Now you see why I have issues with the phone in votes?

What other crap will happen in this season?

Stay Tune..

No comments: