Monday, March 8, 2010

AT&T you are so not worthy

Here it is a Monday and yes I am posting! Oh I know you all had doubts. I am sure you thought it will be another month and then we will get the sorry time slipped by line again - so I fooled you! Well I fooled me too. I really did not expect to write either but here I am. Ok so this weekend was well eventful (sort of). Ok not that eventful. Friday night we hung out with the usual gang of suspect which I totally love. We always have a nice time when we are together. It gave me a good feeling after such a long yucky week.

Now comes the true weekend adventure. To give a little history somewhere around the beginning of Feb we decided to "upgrade" our viewing and internet. Oh yes this means we are FINALLY going HD! We got a HD TV (thanks Mother!) so we decided to take the plunge and go for it. Ok I called AT&T and we decided to go for this Uverse fiber optic deal. Ok sounds fabulous. Upgrade, faster internet, record 4 shows at the same time up to 300 hours of recorded TV it will store. Life is good. So we made the appt for Feb 27th. Well Feb 27 came and went. No show by the wonderful AT&T. No show no call no nothing. We called and they decided they would grace us by rescheduling for this coming Saturday. Well I called a few times during the week to confirm the appt. They confirmed. Yes they said no problem between 9 and 11 AM we will be there. Well guess what happened during that time? Well at 9:30 Am we got a tech who came to do the pre-work on the outside. She was nice and told us that someone would be there by noon.

Well noon came and went. We called at that time and get this no record of us. No appt no nothing. OH this started the array of calls, transfers, a couple of screaming matches (from our end to them). Then they said between 1 and 3 and yeah nothing. Lets have another round of calling AT&T and lets tell them how much we really like this service. I cannot begin to tell you how many phone calls we made that afternoon let's just say more then you can count on both your hands. The last call we made was each of us on a different phone yelling at different reps.

So the last call I made I told the guy I am seriously looking at calling Comcast because of this. The guy then told me that we were rescheduled for Sunday between 9 and 11! Yes Sunday! The very next day. So I said to the guy ok go to dispatch and confirm that because I have been through this game of yours already. The guy came and said yes you are on schedule and dispatch has you on their list for tomorrow. So I told this guy I really do not believe you. He told me he was certain and for sure they would come. So my final words to him was if you don't please write this down in those records but if you don't then you might as well not come because I will be calling Comcast that day and placing my order with them. The guy said not to worry they would be there.

It is now Sunday morning 10ish or close to it. We are sitting there eating our breakfast not a sound from AT&T. We decided we would do what we said. You don't come we call Comcast and start up the business. Well low and behold not long after 10 we get a phone call and it is AT&T! Oh yes and it is dispatch stating the technician to do the install was running late but we were the next stop! Ok now we are like no way is this true, this was dispatch. But wait it gets better.

A few minutes later the technician called and said he was 10 minutes away! Yes yes yes! Oh I am getting excited (Yes that is the exciting life I live). Well he came and he installed with the exception of the digital voice mail (that was not an emergency install for us). So now I am left with the question should I write AT&T and just let them know how upset I am over getting this whole thing done? I think I might not sure.

But that is my story and I am sticking to it.

1 comment:

ComcastCares1 said...

If you ever decide to go with Comcast, let me know. I work for Comcast and I will be happy to help! :)

Mark Casem
Comcast Corp.
National Customer Operations
We_Can_Help@cable.comcast.com