Monday, March 22, 2010

Party like a Rock Star

Monday Monday so good to see you today. The weather is a wee bit dreary because of the rain but Monday I am happy to say the weekend was a blast. Friday night was another fun night of hanging out with the usual suspects. We went to Rincon Argentina and we ordered some BBQ Argentina style food. Well portions were huge so needs to say we packed that puppy up and took it home. The male half of the Fun Couple (Jack and Lina) was installed Saturday as a new Exalted Ruler in the Miami 948 Elks Lodge. He will do well. He has a great attitude, great back up support and truly believes in doing the right thing.
Saturday was the girls night out at Miccouski and oh boy what a night! First of all when I was told (by several friends) that the place is "very smokey" they were truly not over stating the fact. Oh yeah it was so so so so (did I say so?) so so smokey! There was a few times that I had to go outside for fresh Everglades air. We started at the downstairs Cypress Lounge to listen to the band. Well while I am Cuban I do not particular listen to Cuban music but it was my friend's birthday and she does. It was also a good meeting point for a couple other girls who were driving down to meet us. It was loud, it was VERY Spanish, and it was so so so so so Smokey. It just appeared that every person in there had a freaking cigarette in their hand. (Note to readers NO I did NOT have one). So at one point in the night I just reached a point that I could not tolerate it anymore so I told my friend look I am going to the upstairs Martini Bar because it is much more quiet up there and there is hardly any smoke at all there. I told the others I was going to restroom and walk and would return but I had no intentions on returning. Well I am sitting at the Martini Bar having well an Apple Martini and I see my 2 buddies come up. They seemed relieved because they had wanted to leave but did not know how to go about it since the other girls had recently arrived and they came to see her. But Patty said they could not take the smoke and left so they jumped at the chance to leave too. Well needless to say from here on the night was great. We sat there talking and talking and talking and talking. Yes a couple drinks made it to the table but it was more talk then anything. Let's just say Patty and I closed the Martini Bar and went to bed at 4:30 AM. Yeah we partied like a rock star I would say. Man it was fun.


Then Sunday we got up around 11:00 AM and ended up at The Pit for lunch. We sat outside talking ( yeah we still had more to talk about) and laughed at this clown who came for some coffee and face painting and pony rides. We sat there having a nice time watching families and well you guessed it talking. Eventually it was time to return back to our regular lives and toss it up to a great night out. The next birthday is mine in August and well I am not sure if we will go back there again, we may but if we do I am so not going to that Cypress Lounge unless it is early before all the smokers arrive. And I will be hanging at the Martini Bar having well my Apple Martini of course.
So that was the weekend. Right now it seemed like it was a lifetime away especially as I sit here realizing oh boy time to get some work done. Have a great week!

No comments: