Friday, April 9, 2010

The Saga Contnues

The story of my telephone/internet/tv services I feel will be a whole chapter in itself because the saga continues. To recap AT&T sold me this wonderful 3 package deal on the latest and greatest and I was hey lets do it. So I said YES ok give me all 3 items. Well we remember the installation appt nightmare and when the guy finally came he was only able to do 2 of the 3 and said hey just call to reschedule for the telephone. Ok fine sounds good he made a note in the system and I was ok fine I will do that. So time went by and I sort of got caught up in life until I received my regular AT&T phone bill and it was sky high! Mind you this is just the bill for the land line phone. So I called them up and said hey buddy lets set a time up for this new digital phone and the lady goes no sorry we cannot do that. Ah why? Oh because it's not available and then she added be glad because I am hearing many complaints about it, but it does become available it will cost you $149 to get it installed? I am like WHAT! Wait a minute first of all you sold me all 3 bundled package you never said hey only 2 are available and then this telephone installation I know will take 10-15 minutes max because that is what your trusty technician said - and for that you will charge $149? She said yes we have to charge that. Oh heck no. So I hung up and the man and I discussed this and yes Comcast was mentioned again as an option.

So I compared packages made a phone call or two and email or two and Comcast came with a very attractive bundle package. All 3 items including my current hook on DVR and high speed internet for a price that well lets just say I am saving $50 a month! Ok now this sounds like a plan I can live with. So I made the appt. Lets keep our fingers crossed that this will be the one and only appt and I won't have one of these oh let me reschedule or worse not show up at all.

I am sure that if these companies talk to each other I must be on the list of "fickle" customers. But AT&T made me mad. They lied, broke promises and lets not get into the several appt made where they never bother to call and say sorry something came up and we just are not showing up. I now suspect I know why they never showed up. They knew that they could not do all 3 items and somewhere along the way they must of all went "ops" which explains why I would call and I would get someone to look my account up and then I would go on hold for a long time. They were like ah lets just schedule her and maybe she will forget we are suppose to come. Oh no she didn't forget she is hounding us ok lets just send someone there and then he can give the excuse oh just call to reschedule and we can hope she forgets. Yeah I think thats what happened. So if I cannot trust them then why give them any of my hard earned cash. Comcast you all better be good otherwise well I don't know but I don't want to know..

Ok am I rambling on? Well not rambling just venting. So do you think Comcast will disappoint me?

Stay Tune

2 comments:

Janis said...

Oh Chonga, you do NOT want to know what Comcast has put me through since moving into the Condo. A few months ago I got a deal where it would save us money to have the digital phone service added to our cable/internet package. Well, they set an appointment and the tech never showed up BUT the work order was marked as complete and closed out. Yep, you guessed it - call up, wait on hold, be rescheduled, etc., etc. I have experienced nothing but frustration in dealing with them. Good luck!!

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

Sounds like you're not having a great experience. I would be happy to help you with any questions you may have regarding Comcast service or any other concerns you may have. Please shoot my team and I an email and we will take care of you.

Best,

Detreon Roberts
Comcast National Customer Operations
We_can_help@comcast.com