Sunday, February 1, 2009

Ups Down Reflections

Wow what a weekend and it is barely over. Friday I went to the family wake/viewing I lasted until midnight before I drove myself home. What was nice was seeing some family members that it sadly appears we only see each other during these sad times. It was nice to talk about the "old" days. We remembered family members that have passed. We spoke often of my mom who we realized in one month will be 4 years passing and at one point there was a "moment". I had the whole day the feeling I would get when mom was around and I found myself during the day wanting to pick up the phone and call her like I had to otherwise I would get the attitude. But I have had moments like that and I realize she is around and thats when I talk to her so I did. Well here I am at the wake and I am sitting there getting that feeling again and I looked at my cousin who was sitting next to me holding my hand and he started crying. Yeah a 40 something year old man crying there and he looked at me and I looked at him and he goes you know why I am crying and I just went yeah she is here and he agreed. It was nice.

The next morning was the burial. We all gathered there and it just hit everyone this was the final goodbye - at least for now. It is always harder when you have the younger kids because they do not understand heck we barely understand. But my 5 year old niece found some peace when I told her grandpa is around all you need to do is look up to the sky pick and cloud and talk to him. Then she proceeded to ask me to steal her brothers nose so she can have it. Yeah my little girl is funny that way.

Now we have the Elktone gig Saturday night. My oldest friends Patty, Arnie and Allison decided to come down and watch the band. They have always know my husband but never had seen him play in the band so this was a nice treat. It was nice. We had a nice steak dinner, played pool and while all that was going on listened to the band. Of course my other BFFs were there and I was feeling like this is a great night, my childhood friends together with my adult friends. You know guys sometimes we have to thank our blessings for those moments. I hope we have more good times. Ok let me rephrase that we will have more good times together. Good job Elktones.

Tomorrow err today is Super Bowl Party at my Elks Lodge. Yes this means more good times. A weekend of good friends and family you know sometimes we have to stop and look and good yeah this is alright.

So until next time

Stay tune..

No comments: