Wednesday, February 11, 2009

In memory of Paradise


Hump day begins on a sad note. This morning my oldest cat Paradise passed away. She passed during the night. It was sad. Paradise came to us in 1995 at just over 6 weeks old as a Valentines gift. I suppose as cats are concerned she lived a long time. She was a special little girl. She was what we would call the pampered princess. She was always calm cool and collective. When something bothered her (usually another cat or dog or her live in mate Max whom she also did not like) she would just give this look like she was saying "Can you give me a break please?" It was usually that I am so not amused look. Especially when certain members of the family decided she needed to do the YMCA dance and would proceed to help her do it. She would just be still and you could almost hear her saying "we are so not amused now stop it."

I remember Paradise when she first came to live with us she cried that first night all night long. Eventually she learned that being on mommy's lap was really the place to be. She did not like people, unless they were members of the family. She especially did not like kids because well they were kids and kids will be kids. She hated dogs heck for that matter she hated cats. In Paradise's world she was the only kitty in existence. OH the day we brought Max to live with us was a day I am sure she regretted. Mainly because she was already a few years as the queen of the castle and now here was an invader. Max was/is not a calm cool collective cat he is a wild in your face lets rock kind of cat and she did not appreciate such high spiritness. I was sure eventually they would get along once she saw Max was not going anywhere. No it did not happen. They learned to co-exist and on rare occasions I have witnessed the nose nudging and thought AHHH but then I guess when they saw I was looking came the hissing...LOL.

Paradise you will be missed. Mommy loves you and always will.

No comments: