Friday, February 27, 2009

Friday is Friendship Day

Well Friday is finally here! Time to look back at the week and see how things have gone. Ok house crisis settled now awaiting March 5th - check. Work moving along - check. This weekend looks like a crisis-free weekend all I have on the agenda is a Magic Show at the Elks Sunday night and that is about it.

So the wish subject for this week is:

Who do you wish to send love to?

I actually have so many people I wish to send love to. I guess right now it would be my parents.

Then I sit back and think about Friendships and how important they are in my life. I truly enjoy my friends and just as important is the aspect of having friends. So here are a few quotes about friendship I thought I would share:


"The only way to have a friend is to be one."
Ralph Waldo Emerson
"To have a good friend is one of the highest delights of life; to be a good friend is one of the noblest and most difficult undertakings."
Anonymous
"One who looks for a friend without faults will have none."
Hasidic Saying
"The most called-upon prerequisite of a friend is an accessible ear."
Maya Angelou
Ok so say you say to yourself gosh I want to do something what is going on in Miami? Well here are some stuff you can do.
Friday

Viernes Culturales Little Havana Southwest Eighth Street between I-95 and 27th Avenue 14th Avenue to 17th Avenue 6:30 p.m. to 11 p.m. Free. (Word to the wise if you do not speak Spanish or generally dislike people speaking spanish then I would just not attend but otherwise it is a nice cultural event).
Saturday

16th Annual Caribbean Festival Bay Front Park 301 Biscayne Blvd. Miami, 33132
Globetrotters Bank Atlantic Center One Panther Pkwy Sunrise, 33323 @2 p.m. $19
Then there is always Schnelby Winery at the Redlands - during the weekend you can take a wine tasting for $7 and for an additional $7 you can also get a tour of the winery. Oh if you have been to the tasting before and you have their awesome wine glass the tasting is free for the holder of the glass. Not a bad deal heh?
Baby Loves Disco Revolution 200 W. Broward Blvd. Ft. Lauderdale, 333012 p.m. to 5 p.m. $15 at the door or $12 in advance www.babylovesdisco.com
Sunday

Miami's Longest and Hippest Open Mic Party Eleven Leprechauns Irish Restaurant & Pub 3120 Commodore Plaza Miami, 33133Noon to 10 p.m. Free
I am so tempted to go to the Hippest Open Mic Party oh yeah so tempted.

With that being said have a super fabulous weekend. I hope if you are ill you get and feel better if your spirits are down may they be lifted higher then ever before. Sing a song even if you suck at singing - sing- the laugh will do you good!

Stay Tune..

No comments: