Monday, February 9, 2009

Spring is coming

It is no longer cold in Miami. The weather is changing back to Spring type weather which means low 70's. I suppose that is ok I was already starting to hear a few "this cold weather needs to go now I am sick of it enough." Yeah ok got it a week of 40-50's is more then one bargained for when you live in Paradise. I do appreciate it though. I have friends who live in parts of the world where their backyard lakes are frozen and the snow is so high they need to stay indoors. They have had no breaks in temperature so I think if that was me I would be a wee bit tired of the cold too so it allows me to appreciate what I have. Which always reminds me we are where we are at for a reason.

The weekend was rather nice. Friday went to my Elks Lodge for Cajun Night and it was good! I am not into spicy food however the volunteer cooks did not over spice it so it had flavor with a touch of heat. The flavor for me was what a hit. Then we hung out with some of the usual suspects of friends and one even decided he was going to play the piano to some of the Cajun background music. It was nice, there was laughter, singing and good people hanging together.

Saturday was my day on the run. Met 6 teenage girls at the local consignment shop to select some 60's gear for an upcoming fashion show. I loved the reaction of the girls when they walked into this consignment shop and looked at all the vintage clothing and accessories. This place has really nice authentic stuff. The girls loved it! I heard OMG I am so having my mom bring me here to shop. It appears they loved the 60's gear. Yeah remember those bell bottoms and tie dyed shirts and the other shirts with the flaps yeah they LOVED them! I know girls but if you remember having to wear them you would say differently. Regardless it was nice to see the excitement on their faces. We picked about 1 outfit each because the value was more then I was comfortable in taking. While the shop was very generous in loaning the clothing free of charge we did have to hold it on a Credit Card just in case they come back damaged. Which they won't because I have the clothing in my closet all wrapped up awaiting show day. So that killed a couple hours. Next stop on my Saturday was run to Kmart and purchase (quickly) some baby items, gift bag and tissue paper and run to Tony Romas to a baby shower. So the shower started at 1:00 and now its running close to 2:30 yeah I can still make it on time. I did warn my friend I would be late and she was ok with it. I arrived at the party gave the gift said a few ah ohhh how cute kiss kiss have to run and went home!

Oh you would think it was over of course not by this time it was the later part of the afternoon and ops I sort of kind of did not eat anything except for breakfast. Hum...yeah I am feeling it. So Paul suggested we go to Black Point Marina which is a fabulous restaurant/bar right on the water hence - Marina. This place during the summer is horrible to go to because well it's summer in Miami and with the heat comes those nasty bugs. But it was a cool night (60's) so it really was a great night for going out there. We had a really nice time. We ran into a couple friends, joked around with some people at the bar after we had dinner and generally had a really fun time. It was a nice way of ending a busy day.

Sunday was the day of rest. Hung out home all day. It was great.

So now what will this week bring...

Stay Tune..

No comments: