Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Friends, Family and Fun

What a great long weekend. I have to say recently I have had a nice run of spending good times with friends and family. Sometimes in the past I just tend to take these things for granted but in my new view for this year was to be more aware and thankful for the moments I have with friends and family. So Daddy dearest came which totally thrilled me because once he arrived the 2 Leach men decided to do some cooking. Yeah I let them ha ha ha. First on the menu lets go to the grocery story and pick the perfect onion. Daddy made a great pot of French Onion soup oh it was oh so good. (Status on soup- None left over). This was followed by some chicken tereyaki subs. Then we rested for oh about an hour and half and headed to Kendall for some wine tasting. We had a nice time. This was at a liquor store in the mall and it was FREE so we tasted a few Italian wines. I even tried and liked a red. To know me is to know that I do not like reds. I just cannot take the taste of them but I found one that I actually liked. But as dad puts it "Honey you would like the very expensive one you have expensive taste." Ok just because the bottle was like $70 would that count as expensive? Yeah I guess it would. Sorry dad I will stick with my whites. But perhaps I will open myself "a little" and try some more reds. If I liked one then there has to be a less expensive one out there that I will also like.

Ok so we had this nice time at the tasting with Dad and the 3 other boys/men. Then we headed to Bangkok Bangkok for dinner. Yeah I know some of us were not starving but the wine helped. So we headed to dinner and had a fun time there too. We laughed and chilled out and just really had a nice time together. Ok the evening ended and it was time to go home and wait for the next day.

Saturday came and it was Valentine's Day! Oh was I in for a super nice surprise a very lovely breakfast! Eggs Benedict! Yes the whole works with some French brewed coffee oh boy it was just great! Best part of all I did not have to cook - again! I was not even allowed to clean up. Yeah I cried about that one too. So we sat there thinking ok what to do what to do during the day. Some of us would of been fine sitting doing not much but there were others outside the house who wanted to do something rather then sit and do nothing. So it was suggested we go see a movie. We eventually picked "Taken". We picked the movie and time and called the 2 other boys to come on out. One declined stating he was trapped in his condo because the Coconut Grove Arts Festival was going on and leaving the Grove is like going through a mine field. The 2nd one cancel at the last minute. Literally his movie ticket was already purchased. Oh well what can we say. The movie was good.

Oh but the day was not over yet. We then ventured out to Key Largo to this restaurant called BallyHoo's. We have been there before and knew it was good so the birthday boy decided that is where he wanted to go. What a great pick! We had platters, and stone crabs, and fish and oh yes wine and creme brulee. Oh it was truly a good night. Came home and crashed.

The next day...Dad was taking a 7 day cruise with our Aunt Joyce so we ventured to the airport to pick her up that morning. Then we took them to the Port to wish them well on their cruise. Afterwards we went to this great place in Historic Downtown Hollywood called Sage. This place was awesome. We went home and then that evening we are off again!

Yeah this time for a mystery shop at a restaurant called Dolores but you can call me Lolita. Yes that is the name. I know those of you who know me are totally laughing now I know. Well this place had great food. The service - well it could of been better. But the food was great. Finally home to rest.

Now we have Monday. Oh yes Monday no work for me on this day. One would think rest yeah right. 3 of my friends came down from Davie and Hialeah to spend the day out. They mentioned wanting to go to the Amish place and get some of the rolls oh yes the rolls. Ok twist my arm lets go. We went they totally loved it. We did what pretty much everyone does made the line to buy the buns and cheese bread and then outside the car decided to taste test them. Ok everybody needs to test the items they purchased. Then we ventured to Schnebly's Winery for a tour of the vineyard and test tasting. We each tested/tasted 5 different wines. Hey someone had to do it! Then it was time to return home. Sorry gang I still had to write a narrative report on the mystery shop, go to the grocery store and go to Lodge. Ok I actually did 3 of the 4 I will let you guess which one I did not do.

Oh yes Monday is over...what will Tuesday bring work...but..you can..

Stay Tune..

No comments: