Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Totally Tuesday

Pretty pretty pretty!! Is all I can say! This morning the weather was a super cool 62!!!! Yes I know 62!! I walked outside this morning and felt that crisp coolness in the air and thought oh boy I could use a jacket but did I? NO of course not I LOVE this weather! As I drove to work I noticed a ton of people with their signs up shouting to VOTE and they all had their jackets some even had scarfs and hats on! I thought oh how South Florida! Gotta love it! OK for those of us that enjoy this change of weather its great. Now for the folks who live here and don't like it - ah shoot don't worry it will be gone by Thursday and the weekend will be hot in the 80's again.

Now DWTS last night was pretty cool. I am ready to bounce Bruno on the head how dare he put down my Susan Lucci! But one thing all 3 judges did was really give negative feedback to Cloris Leachman. They also gave her the lowest score I have ever seen a total of 15. I think they did it mainly so to get her out, even though its the votes that count but the votes are added to the judges to total. So I guess they figure lets make it low. Carrie Ann told Cloris that she was starting to act childish and it was sad that someone like Toni Braxton was eliminated because of it. Well in part I agree I just think it was too harsh to give to her after all its the voters that are keeping her in. With that in mind DON'T VOTE FOR CLORIS LEACHMAN!

In other DWTS news: Two-time Dancing With the Stars champ Julianne Hough is undergoing minor surgery this week to remove her appendix, she revealed on her Web site Monday. Hough, 20, suffers from endometriosis, a painful condition caused by the growth of the tissue lining the uterus in other parts of the abdomen outside of the uterus. It is found in 5-10 percent of women of reproductive age around the world. Hough was first hospitalized at L.A.'s Cedars-Sinai Medical Center last week after experiencing mild stomach pains. After consulting with her doctor, surgery was recommended, she said on her site. For the next week Cody will have a replacement dancer.

So will he still be able to stay on top of the Leader Board? Stay tune..

The week is looking fairly good. This Thursday I have a special program dinner at my Elks Lodge. It's for The Gate Program which is a program started by this angel of mercy Mimi Sutherland for non-violent first time juvenile offenders. The boys in this program are between 12-17 and what they learn is what will be the result of their life if they continue on the path they are in. I am talking about everything from visiting prisons to going to the morgue and seeing an autopsy to talking to visiting senior living facilities. The counselors and teachers are caring and loving. Once the kids go through the program the Lodge gives them and their families a Graduation Dinner. What they have done is now in the past, and, now, its up to them what their futures hold. Some of the peer counselors were in the program at one time and learned so much for the experience that they stayed to teach and guide others. So this Thursday night will be a nice night of celebration.

This Friday I am scheduled to attend not one but 2 Elks lodges. First I will be going to my lodge for Friday Night dinner. I must keep this alive since the 12 of us that go really like each other. Then I am meeting my Chonga and her Mr Wonderful at their Elks Lodge for a Halloween party. And No I am not dressing up I am scary enough as it is.

Oh but wait there is MORE Elk visits! Saturday Night going over to Miami Elks Lodge for their annual Charity Ball. So lets recap: Thursday Elks Lodge, Friday Two Elk Lodges, Saturday Elk Lodge. You think I will be all Elked out by the end of the weekend? I think I will be too.

Today's Angel Day Message "The Guardian Angel of SERVICE"

Message:
I offer the best of talents and goodwill, making my place in the universe a better one.

Gifts for Earth:

This Angel can help you to understand the nature of giving to others, allow yourself to be given to, and appreciate the spiritual function of service.

2 comments:

Janis said...

Chonga,

I forgot to tell you! You're invited to our lodge for Brunch on Sunday morning to recap the Charity Ball - want to make it 5 Elk lodge visits in 4 days? You can do it!!!!

Peaceole said...

Oh boy that sure sounds like fun but you know how I am in the mornings especially after a Charity Ball. Hum..so tempting.. BUT depending what time yours ends or people start leaving I may hook up with Tina and Angela for a GNO. Ok I would be coming in very late.