Friday, October 24, 2008

It's a Funny World

Oh look at this pretty leave. I saw this in a picture and I just could not take my eyes of it. Oh I can hear you all laughing. Its the simple things in life that make me happy.

Oh Friday thank you for finally arriving! Last night was Grey's Anatomy and I must be getting old(er) because I fell asleep in the middle of it so I never got to see the ending arggg.

Tonight is Friday night dinner at the my Elks Lodge. It's Lasagna and good friends. I enjoy going there mainly for the friends more then the food. I expect the usual suspects and I surely hope so or else will I will be disappointed.

Now I read something interesting this morning and I just thought to myself OMG what is this world turning into? Here let me post the story:

Online divorcee jailed after killing virtual hubby
By MARI YAMAGUCHI, Associated Press

TOKYO: A 43-year-old Japanese woman whose sudden divorce in a virtual game world made her so angry that she killed her online husband's digital persona has been arrested on suspicion of hacking, police said Thursday.

The woman, who is jailed on suspicion of illegally accessing a computer and manipulating electronic data, used his identification and password to log onto popular interactive game "Maple Story" to carry out the virtual murder in mid-May, a police official in northern Sapporo said on condition of anonymity, citing department policy.

"I was suddenly divorced, without a word of warning. That made me so angry," the official quoted her as telling investigators and admitting the allegations.

The woman had not plotted any revenge in the real world, the official said.

She has not yet been formally charged, but if convicted could face a prison term of up to five years or a fine up to $5,000.

Players in "Maple Story" raise and manipulate digital images called "avatars" that represent themselves, while engaging in relationships, social activities and fighting against monsters and other obstacles.

The woman used login information she got from the 33-year-old office worker when their characters were happily married, and killed the character. The man complained to police when he discovered that his beloved online avatar was dead.

Ok is that not just silly or what? I know I know some logic minded people out there will say its not that she killed the avatar its that she hacked into the computer. Come on all she did was kill his silly character couldn't he oh I don't know create another one and move on? Personally she should of waited until they were in the game together and then pushed him off his pedestal. But come on a game? You killed my made up character so you are going to jail. That's like creating an imaginary friend and then someone comes and kills it. OK yes I know over the top.

Ok I just thought I would share that humours story.

So what will this weekend bring? I don't know either but

Stay Tune..

No comments: