Thursday, October 9, 2008

Happy Thursday!

Happy Thursday!

You know the economy sucks doesn't it? Yeah even in Florida. This morning I was reading how California is hurting and the Governator is ready to ask the Federal Government for mo money in order to save the State. Well California is not the only one hurting:

FloridaBudget gap (as a % of the total budget): 19.9%Gap: $5.1 billion
The Florida housing slump is one of the worst in the nation and only appears to be getting worse. The $66 billion Florida budget for the coming year is about $6 billion less than the one approved the previous year. It includes a $332 million reduction in public school spending and cuts to state hospitals, nursing homes, and various social programs.

I can tell you schools are hurting here locally. There have been a ton of great school programs that have been cut due to "budget" cut backs. I work in a place where we have our own public school on the company grounds and they too have been hurt. Teachers have lost their jobs and classes combined because there is no money to pay for 2 teachers, so, instead they want to combine students into one class and yeah so what if its a little crowded. Those little kids won't mind. Gotta love it huh?

Daily Horoscope forAll Zodiac Signs

Thursday, Oct 9th, 2008 -- The intelligent Aquarius Moon is strengthened today by trines to mental Mercury and the Sun. But passions run deep because the Sun forms a magical quintile with powerful Pluto, enabling us to transform the mysteries of the unknown into creations of beauty. Additionally, sweet Venus moves toward a harmonious trine with eccentric Uranus, encouraging us to set traditional desires aside as we move toward more unconventional expressions of love.

Tonight is Grey's Anatomy and Ugly Betty, if you have not seen either you should it is a hoot. One is kind of silly funny and the other makes you say to yourself "Let's hope they really are not doing that in real life."

The quest on Soul Coaching continues....all is going well. So far I am very happy to have begun this book. I think I need to do some wish casting and if anyone cares to join me please do so I need all the help I can get.... Please someone buy my mom's house before we lose the house! Taxes are (including now tacked in additional property taxes) are due in a month and I have no idea how we will pay them! Ok so my wish casting is for someone to come in and save the day and buy the house. Please wish for me.... Hey if you don't ask you don't receive right?

I know what you are now thinking....hello what's the weather like in sunny Florida? Oh glad you ask. Actually it's pretty "ironic" that the 2nd phase in Soul Coaching is dedicated to water because this morning I woke up to a nice set of showers. The streets are wet and clear of debris and the day is ready for a fresh new start.

Miami,Florida
Currently: Rain
79°F
26°C
Wind: at 7 MPH11 KPH
Humidity: 84%
Dewpoint: 73°F22°C
Barometer: 29.93 inches
Heat Index: 82°F27°C
Sunrise: 7:17 am
Sunset: 6:59 pm

Today: partly sunny. Chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the upper 80s. Southeast winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40 percent. Tonight: partly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the upper 70s. Southeast winds 5 mph.

The weekend is almost here! The Charity Ball I am planning for the Elks Lodge will take place on October 18th which means right now I am on "whatever happens happens I did the best I can do." I decided that I am going to continue to look at the glass as half full. Will everything go perfect? No it will not and you know what - so what. Will there be error-free stuff guess what no there will not be and again - so what. The few of us at the Lodge that have worked on this all feel we did the best we can and with no fighting and bickering. We will leave that for the After-Party! I am thinking that after the party of having a Wii Bowling mini-tournament! Yeah it's the simple things in life that make me happy.


Inspirational quote for the day:

My Life experiences have positive powerful meanings.

Stay tune...

1 comment:

Suzie Ridler said...

I taped Grey's Anatomy and will be watching it today between packing and panicking, LOL.

I knew the moon was in Aquarius yesterday which is why I scheduled tarot readings and they went really well.

Thanks for the comment and I will see you around Halloween when I get back!