Thursday, January 8, 2009

A Sports Minute Lola Style



It is a rare moment when I talk/write sports mainly because I am so not sports knowledgeable but today is a special moment. As far as teams I really only truly enjoy one team and that is the Miami Dolphins. Yeah the last season was well a wash out but this season goodness we made it to the playoffs! Yeah Fins! The Dolphins, fresh off a franchise-worst 1-15 mark and having been absent from the playoffs for six frustrating seasons, learned how to win again in 2008. The actually won the AFC Division! So even though they are longer in the playoffs gosh darn it they did pretty darn good! So go Fins.
Then we go into college football. This is one I walk a thin line on because you see I grew up in the University Of Miami Hurricanes part of town, when I was a temp I worked the campus often and met many nice people there. I actually enjoyed going there. So I pretty much always supported the Hurricanes. Then I met a Gator and it gets better I married him - yeah I know! For the most part it is fine the Canes and Gators rarely play each other so I can route for both teams. I cheer for the Canes and I cheer for the Gators but it is known when they play each other my cheer is mainly for the Canes. So tonight is the Gators versus the Sooners. Should be a no brainer cheer for the Gators (and I am) but one of my buddies at the lodge a really nice guy is a Sooner! Yikes! How in the world did that happen? Well no I am not changing I am still a Gator fan but it should be interesting. So go Gators!
Now who do you think will win?
Stay tune..

No comments: