Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A freaking out post.

I know I tend whine about our constant weather of hot, warm, mild, hot, hot, hot. Then there are days when I watch the morning news and the weather around the country and I see wicked winter weather out there. I see tons of snow on the roof of homes and people fearing that the roof may cave in unless it is shoveled off immediately. I think oh my goodness I could never shovel snow off my roof! Then I sit back and I look around and at our forecast and I am happy for my blessings. Do I still want cold weather? Well YEAH but I am happy for this weather right now because I am not trained on wicked winter weather. I hope the ugly weather passes fast and with little damage to people and their homes.

In other news I have a Trustees meeting tonight at my Lodge plus afterwards I will be preparing quarterly reports to submit to several committee leaders. Oh yeah it is going to be a fun rock star night. Also more "bringing up to speed" on being Exalted Ruler in April. The nominations are in February and I guess I have to accept the fact I will take over the Lodge for the upcoming Elk Year. Ok I am actually getting nervous about this. I have been around for a few years I have worked in the office gone to conventions why in the world am I getting nervous? I don't know but I am I have this fear no one will want to help in anything and as of yet my officer positions are not filled. Yeah I am freaking a bit. I can't seem to want to find people who want to commit to attending meetings twice a week and it is not like our meetings are long. ARGG. Ok freaking out freaking out freaking out. Whew I feel better now!

Work is good it is keeping me busy so that is always good. The upcoming months of Elk traveling is approaching, oh dear this time I am traveling as Exalted Ruler? Titles are bad yeah titles are bad one tends to focus on the title and not the person so my new goal is to forget title and do the best job possible? How is that? Yeah I like that.

Stay tune

No comments: