Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A New Dawn

A new dawn is here. Today this country will have a new President and a milestone at that. The first African American President and he promises change. Well, we already know change just by the President. I can't wait to see how he changes the country. I am looking forward to the economy being better, more jobs opening, people having better opportunities. While this is a great country to live in, there tends to be a trend that if you do not have the money then you are going to get no where. I once heard someone say that kids in the lower level commit the crimes because they have worthless parents who do not care about them. I was in an environment where confronting him on that would not had been favorable because no one there would of backed me up so I needed to refrain. But I wanted to say you know I am one of those kids that for the first 14 years of my life I lived in one of those neighborhoods and guess what my parents did care. They cared enough to work their buns off even though this was a time where two incomes was not popular. But they did it. While sometimes I agree there are some who are so messed up they neglect their kids, guess what not all parents living there are like that. Some are struggling just to keep the roof over their heads and feed their kids. And, it is people like that which makes it hard for working class dogs to get even a little ahead. They see where they live and automatically judge them. Is that fair to judge someone based solely on where they live? No I do not think so and maybe the next few years there will be better chances for people to move on up. I hope we get more and more diversity in our culture and we see change for the better. Not just in this country but all over.

Ok so the last few days have been rather nice and peaceful. Friday night we were at the lodge for the Friday Night dinner thing and my gang of usual suspects came and it was just a great time. I love sitting down with a small group of friends and hanging out laughing and just enjoying the time. Saturday was nice too. My BFF from like Junior High came over and we went to yeah hold your horse my Elks Lodge. The http://www.gold-diggers.org/ were having a preview party and we got to crash the party and watch some numbers. The girls and guys use the ballroom for practices starting this week so it was nice to go by and see some old friends and meet some new ones. Sunday was nice too a great lazy day and then went to my mother in laws for dinner. "Granny" is in town - mind you Granny is 91 years old and quite sweet. Monday was a super duper day it was a true lazy day. Did well - nothing all day. LOVED IT!

Now today/now back to work. Well I suppose it was about time right? We shall see. I should of taken off to the see the swearing in but I am recording it so I can skip through the babble of the reporters and stuff like that. Now I am just looking forward to the week.

Stay tune..

No comments: