Monday, September 29, 2008

Good Morning Monday!


The picture here is the current officers of my Elks Lodge. Yeah I am in there DUH can't miss me.
Oh remember when I said on Saturday that Sunday looked like a carbon copy of Saturday boy oh boy was I wrong! Sunday was just oh so fun and exciting (can you tell by the smile in my words?) Well I get a phone call about 1:15 PM or so and its a member from my Elks Lodge. Asking me where the bartender is? You see there was a fund raising event for a family who lost their husband/father to a tragic accident and this event was being held to raise money for the family. The event was actually put together rather nicely. A bunch of local musicians donated their time to play the event and someone donated a ton of food and we were suppose to provide the lounge for drinks. Sounds great right? Well yeah but when you have an idiot bartender that is usually where problems begin. I hate to trash people on the net but if you knew this guy you would be like oh yeah go for it. First of all he has this nasty habit of coming in late and he was specifically told be there at 11:30 and now its 1:15 and no bartender and lounge is locked. Ok this means I need to get up and make phone calls to get someone over there and most likely I am going to have to go fill in. Ok so calls are now made and after a few choice words in the air about the brillance of the bartender the main players are pretty much busy for the rest of the day except for oh you guessed it - MUA. Oh ok I will work it and oh BTW if the idiot shows up I am telling him to just turn around and go home. Only way he will learn is to hit him where it hurts in the wallet. Well he did show up and was told turn around and go home you are not working today. Of course the idiot was with ba ba ba ba I worked late last night. Oh thats nice so why didn't you call and ask for someone to cover for a few hours ba ba ba ba ah ah ah ok turn around go home. He stayed in the door I guess in hopes that someone would go oh no please don't go Num-Nut but everyone was at that point BUH BYE. I so desperately need a good bartender willing to work long hours for little pay...


But on the good side the event was a total success! Oh boy people from the neighborhood came and friends came and ate and drank and danced. There were tons of smiling happy faces and I walked out with $90 in tips! Now I will say this once I am NOT a bartender I only play one at home. But dang $90 was sweet!
Now you may think this put a damper on Amazing Race, Desperate Housewives and Brothers and Sisters. Oh yeah I thought it would too but the lounge does have Televisions and as the band was packing up I put my channel on and sat back with the occassional sale of bottle beer. Oh yeah I got to see it!
Ok first of all Gaby needs to come back this Desperate Housewive Gaby is just not my cup of tea. I miss her long hair. But I do like the mature side of being a mom. Bree is Bree no change there. Susan I am confused. First we thought Michael died and then we learn no it was the other driver who died and she and Michael are divorced. I just do not think Michael and Susan would of broken up over a tragic deadly car accident. But whatever.
Ok so its Monday morning and I must get ready to face the day.,,
Stay tune..

No comments: