Thursday, September 18, 2008

I know Thursday can you believe it?



Yeah it's Thursday the work week is almost over and so is Big Brother. Well Dan the man has won the game. In a rather big way he got all 7 jury votes. Which is amazing. The man is good I have to hand it to him he played well and it is deserved. I hate his view on women it is narrow minded and old fashioned but he is a product of his environment and he will get beat up for it when he speaks to BB fans. That in itself should be fun to watch and read. It is interesting this lady (older) at the Moose Lodge said something to me about him. I tend to listen to my elders they have been around a lot longer then I have and I feel I can learn from them. Well she said he is the type that has a heighten personality. He likes to get reactions out of people. He will say something, whether true or false which works best for them, to get people to notice and react. When you add that to a television reality show then its heighten even more because now you have a bigger audience. Which makes sense because everytime you saw Dan he was always holding his head to the side (as in the picture) and doing model pose. The other House Guests would joke about it like he was always looking at the camera or the mirror and posing. So I guess it all goes in with what his trait is. Regardless the guy played very well so one must give credit where credit is due.


Ok so let me give you a recap on the car and life situation. I have always liked to live with the mindset that you have to keep a positive outlook on life otherwise you are screwed. When last we left off I have an outrageous tax bill due, a car that died due to the fact the transmission died and a new one is needed. So here is where I stand now. The house (keeping fingers crossed) someone made an offer and I sent this person an email response saying yes lets go for it. That was yesterday I have not heard back from this person so lets hope its not one of these other bogus people speaking out of both sides of their mouths. I hope its good and I will continue thinking that.


The car repair is just over $3,000, oh pick up your jaw the extended warranty company has authorized the repairs! Yes they sure did! All I have to do is pay for the deductible and an oil and filter change which the whole total should be around $150. The car rental is partly covered. My out of pocket expense on that will be $12 a day. Not bad for a brand new 2009 Chevy Cobalt. The car will hopefully be ready between Monday and Tuesday. I hope Monday because the rental is only good to cover 7 days. But hey it could be worse so I am looking at the bright side.


Now on to the latest community involvement for myself and that is http://www.yourgrove.org/

Last week at the community meeting the new volunteer board was put together and these are the officers: Carlos IglesiaLowell Kuvin, Esq.Tony ScornavaccaWilliam ---Will EdwardsMatt Heitzenroder was elected Vice-Chair of the Committee andMarie-Line Germain (pronounced “Marie-Lynn”) was elected Chair.

All members of Your Grove are an important part of our success in this incorporation endeavor; we value and need your ideas, experience and support. Our next meeting is scheduled for Thursday, September 18 at 6pm at Flavour’s. The Directors have been active putting together a Mission Statement and building the agenda. There are many important issues on the table. The most important part you can play right now is helping grow the supporters of this movement.


On to better happier news in 4 days and roughly 16 hours (Sept 22) DWTS (Dancing With The Stars) premiers! Yes the show that at one point had me tuning in to see if I could see a fake leg flying across the floor, the same show that made me look twice when a deaf woman participated and she was not bad at all. Oh yeah this show this year as a woman who has been married 10 times, starred down a Grizzly Bear and won, Broken an now ex-lover out of jail, and as she puts it never done anything like this. I am talking about Susan Lucci. FYI: Her character Erica Kane did all those things all Susan has done is sing on broadway, played in numerous TV Movies, put together the first and annual Weekend with the Stars at Disney World, won her first emmy after 19 years of being nominated and oh yes married to the same man since she began like in the way early 70's. She claims this show will be tougher. I can't wait to see her! Can you tell who my favorite is?



Sept 28 is the return of Desperate Housewives one must watch this to see how in the world they managed to pull it off. When last we left off they hinted the show was advancing 5 years into the future some of the characters looked mighty different. This is what they have to say right now Five years have passed since Katherine shot her ex-husband as Susan, Lynette, Bree and Gaby stood together in solidarity to protect her.


Stay tune..

No comments: