Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Its fun to be Me

Right now it's fun to be me....NOT. First we had the weekend ending with some sort of allergy reaction to I still have no idea what. Then we start the week off with last night in the middle of US1 in South Miami the car pretty much collapsed. Meaning the engine sounded like it was on but no gears so this meant that drive didn't work, reverse didn't work, I was pretty much dead on US1. Oh yeah and it was 9:00 PM when this happens. In Miami South Miami is booming at that time. Its party central even on a Monday night. The cars flying by did not care that I had my blinkers on. They honked and cursed anyway. SO I did what any good modern girl does I screamed and called Triple A on my cell phone. I get this oh so friendly lady who is so happy to tell me all the features my account has. I had to tell her I know I have cars speeding by me at 50+ miles per hour send someone fast. Oh yes we will it will take 45 minutes ----WHAT! Lady do you not hear what I am telling you and she goes oh they will take your situation into account by the way Mrs Leach do you think you will need a rental car because Hertz has a discount rate. ARRRGGGGGG. AH NO lady just send me the truck. The truck arrived in get this 20 minutes! The guy was very friendly and so nice and made sure to hook me up and out of the way very quick. He suggested we take the car home and not leave it sitting outside the dealership over night. So this morning I got up called Triple A who towed the car to the dealership and the representative at the dealership tells me well it looks like it could be the transmission. YIKES!

Ok with all this negative stuff around there is just no reason to be happy right? WRONG! I refuse to give in to negative energy. Here are the positives:
Yes the car may and most likely does have transmissions problems good news is I have extended warranty that covers that. I have verified that its still in effect and under the right mileage. SO I have a nice brand new 2009 Chevy Colbat as a rental that is covered. Oh did I mention new? Yeah brand new just arrived this morning.
Also the towing was covered under Triple A so no expense out of pocket so thats always nice to have.

Would I have wanted this to happen no of course not but it could be worse. I am blessed to have those little items. I have great friends too and fortunate to have their support. This weekend I am going to Stuart and I am going to look forward to getting away. If only for a day.

Ok back to fun Big Brother ends tonight...Stay tune to see who will win Memphis (I hope) or Dan.

Stay tune

No comments: