Monday, December 22, 2008

Xmas in Miami

The blessed week is about to begin. I have to say some part of me wishes it was all over. It's different every year for me some years are fabulous and other years are like oh hurry up and end already and right now its the hurry up and end already. I find myself loving it at moments and then wishing it was over all in a matter of days. I am looking forward to the upcoming Holidays because they will have family and friends in it and those generally tend to lift my spirits and perhaps thats more it that the spirit needs some lifting. Perhaps feeding the spirit like we feed our bodies is the way to approach this. This means a more concentrated meditating. Yeah I can do that. Looking more at nature and seeing the beauty around here after all I am fortunate enough not to be living in an area where people are finding hardships because of the weather. I tend to sometimes put down the warm weather we have like all the time. I see shows this time of year and all you see is snow and the coats and stuff and I think man I wish that was me. Then I get blue because it is not. Like this weekend there was a movie on Lifetime and it was one of those feel good Christmas movies but one of the main characters made a comment that I just thought oh bah humbug. The movie was set in California and the family was heading to "The beach house" for Christmas and the main character went "Oh the beach for Christmas there is just something wrong with that." Well Ok hello some of us that live in Miami have no choice but to have the beach for Christmas. But then they show her walking on the beach with a sweater and hat on it is like OH grow up. Yeah I thought that and then changed the channel. I wish I was creative enough to write a song about Christmas in Miami but I am not so the hopes is that maybe someone one day will.

Until then

Stay tune...

1 comment:

Suzie Ridler said...

It's OK to be where you are, when you are. Do you know Judith from Mindmist? She also is in Florida. Made me think of you. I loved my green Christmases out in BC. This year even they are getting snow!

Thank you for your kind and beautiful words my friend.