Monday, December 14, 2009

Lets do this again

Ok here we are at Monday again. Yeah lets go ahead and do this week again. When last I left off I went to my first Elk Meeting since letting go of the high and mighty powerful position (if that sounded sarcastic yes it was meant that way). It was nice. A friend met me there so I would not need to sit alone and it was rather nice to chat with him. There were quite a few eye opening glances and OOHHHH Dolores HELLO! Some I have to admit were quite genuine. I could tell by the tone in their voice they truly were sincere in seeing me and that felt rather nice. Over all it was nice. A few things I noticed that were not quite right and some "song and dance" phrases being said but I guess having been in the mist of things I just got to read the signs. I found it interesting that when we use to say something in the past it was oh please you are spoiled yadi yadi yadi and now humm....I heard those same phrases only wait...the new administration is saying it? What? How can that be? But I thought you had all the answers? It was nice to sit there and just smile and think ok this is good I feel good about my new journey in life.

But an Elks Lodge is like a small town news travels quickly. By this I mean a couple days later I got a phone call from someone who said "I heard you went to a meeting does this mean you are coming back to the fold?" It's funny because I am sure this person said what others there were thinking and this person was not even at the meeting! Well I broke the news that no I am not returning I will come to an occasional meeting and that is as far as my involvement will go no more volunteering no more lending a hand just attend a meeting and that's about it. This person (who is a current officer) was actually glad to hear that because they do not particularly care for the new group but is doing it as a favor to someone. However he told me he is the same way he will not volunteer in anything just do his part and come to a dinner or two.

I am glad I went it felt good to do that. I will go there this week again. The GATE Program is having a graduation dinner this week there and I always support this good cause especially since it is a good friend who runs it.

Now to the weekend. As weekends go it was rather quiet and nice. Finished up the Christmas shopping. (I think). Friday we went to dinner with a good friend and it was a really nice end to a busy week. I love going out with friends.

Saturday we went to my brothers house for a hang out and pre-Christmas party. It was a practice Christmas Eve party. The real Christmas Eve party will much more wild then this one was! But it was really nice and memorable.

Sunday was great. Christmas shopping, Great Dolphin game ( Go Fins!) and then over to Buffalo Wings for dinner.

Not bad for the weekend is what I say,,

So how will this week be?

Stay Tune..

No comments: