Wednesday, December 30, 2009

48 Hours or so to go

Less than 48 hours before we start a brand new year. Boy what a roller coaster year this has been for me. There have been really great moments I must admit. I have had celebrations with friends, family and even a few "acquaintances". All were good. There have been sorrow shared and tears of what will never be. Over all I truly believe these things are Moments that happen because they were meant to happen. Sometimes we do not know why but there is always a reason.

I left behind a position that I in the beginning got great pleasure out of. I enjoyed the helping the social aspects and feeling of togetherness. Then that changed and I questioned if I was doing the right thing. I asked my Angels and God am I doing it and as always they respond to me in little signs. Sometimes its in actions others take or words people will say. It is all validating. So I sit and wonder what will 2010 and bring me? After all for so long my vacation time was split amount Elk Convention here and there and visitations. That is no longer the case so gee what will I do I asked my angels?

Well I then found some great workshops on meditation, peace, forgiveness and balancing. Ok this is good! I had always been interested in this but I have to admit it went on the back burner because of those other commitments. So now I am getting back to basics and learning to grow spiritually which includes forgiveness - and then it came...

I read about this upcoming convention titled "I Can Do It!" What caught my attention was that the main speaker is a guy I have read about and even have some of his CDs. I respect him and like him. But wait there is more..there are others scheduled for workshops and oh my goodness I have read her book, and her book and have her CD. It is like wow this is cool. But the question comes up can I afford it?

Well the convention is in Toronto Canada - ok never been there so this sounds nice. Let me check flight prices. Oh but wait I have frequent flyer miles surely not enough. Oh boy the answer came again why yes you have enough miles to cover your flight. Oh dear can I? What do you mean can I look at the title. Ok the registration fee is reasonable for all I am getting which is 4 days of workshops and lectures. But here is the what sealed the deal. The convention is during the weekend of Memorial Day. Oh yes I can do it! Normally I am attending a convention during those days. So here it comes full circle and the title I CAN DO IT! So I did it! Yes I booked the flight (thank you air miles), booked the convention (at a discount rate) and now I am looking forward to Memorial Day!

So 2010 I hope and believe will be good. I am not sure how the whole year will be but as long as I have my friends and family close by I know things will be good.

Oh boy tomorrow last day of the year...what will we do?

Stay Tune...

No comments: