Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Like Mother like Son

You know I know God has a sense of humor because he gives some of us kids that have our sense of humor.

Here is a little story to tell that is well I found it funny. Child of mine (Nick) turned 22 this past week and some of his friends who also had birthdays during the week had been for months planning a trip to Orlando Florida. They ear marked Universal Studios Halloween Horror Night and Epcot Center food and wine festival. So being the typical worry mom I gave the usual be safe use the shuttles etc. Which he assured they would. Ok so come Sunday I knew that is when he was leaving and I started to call him and say Please let me know you arrived alright but I stopped myself because gosh darn it I am not that kind of pushy in your face all the time mom. So that evening I closed my eyes and I sent a message to my angels to keep the little one safe and sound. Well guess what happened within that hour? I got a Text message (yes text message) "Mom we just arrived I wanted you to know that." Oh goody it worked! So I wrote back oh good glad to hear it and I am glad you told me because I was actually thinking about that his response "I know." Yeah I am good. No thats not the funny part.

So here I am Monday at work. I get to a stopping point and I am sitting wondering what child of mine is doing and where he is at and well hello wishing I was there. Guess what I got? Yeah you guessed it another text message. "Mom we are at Epcot Food and Wine Festival all so good." Ok let me continue with this I think. So I said oh good take a picture. So of course I get a picture of child of mine by Epcot.

A few minutes later I get another picture of a glass of wine where he tells me "This glass of Pinot Grigio is for you mom here in Italy." Oh yes child of mine knows me so well he knows what I love to drink. And, he has no problem in taking a picture of it and telling me. He proceeded to send another shot of Epcot making me wish even more I was there.

Note to self...Go to Epcot Food and Wine festival next year.

Stay Tune..

No comments: