Friday, October 16, 2009

Finally Friday!

Oh boy this week has just gone like a jet on a mission. Flying! I guess that is what being super busy at work will do for it. The week was actually rather nice.

Tuesday we took child number one (and only child) out for his birthday dinner. His true birthday was Wednesday but when you turn 22 hanging with your friends and playing beer pong is better then going out to dinner with your mom and dad. That is ok it was rather nice and fun.

Wednesday was a lodge meeting and guess what I DID NOT ATTEND! Yeah I am super proud and happy about that.
Now Thursday I went to the Lodge. Yes I had to. It was a GATE Program Graduation dinner. This is a group that is close to my heart because of the good that they do. They take first time juvenile offenders (teen boys) and they go through a series of classes that are not just sitting in a class room learning tips, but, rather going all out. By going all out I mean they take these boys to the morgue, the jail, they see dead bodies with toe tags , they are given classes on Anger Management, Finances, and other Life Coaching areas. The course is not easy and not an over night but those that stick with it come out a better person. For that I support them. Well the graduation is where these teens finished the course and the Lodge provides them and their families with dinner. So I went there ready to see some people I had not seen in a while and sit and listen to the speeches by the graduates.

Now picture this the speeches are done, it appears to be coming soon to a close and the Program Director stops everything and goes wait I have something to do I almost forgot. She then calls my name. Who me??? All I can say is "Whyyyyy" I go up there and she mentions how much of a help and support I have been to her and the boys. She then presents me a nice certificate of appreciation. OMG I was surprised and shocked I certainly did not expect. Hello normally I am the one doing the surprises so to have it pulled on me was well what can I say I appreciated it so very much. This is why I love this place.
(The picture above is of Mimi the Program Director the Peer Counselors)
I then thought of that statement and thought no it is not the place it is the people. I enjoy the people there. I enjoy going to a place and there is no fighting and several people looking at others and snickering I love walking in and smiling and seeing friends and I especially love that I can bring people with me and they will be welcomed with open arms. I am very fortunate that all my friends are good that way. We all do support each other.

Tonight is a get together at one of their houses. We plan on having dinner, drinks, laughter in a nice comfortable setting.
The weekend should be nice going to see a fun and happy play! Will it really be fun and happy?
Stay Tune

No comments: