Friday, April 10, 2009

Hark are those Coconut Heads?

If it is Friday it means no the week of work is not over not for me anyway. Tonight I agreed to assist our "Unique" bartender serve at the Lodge for a big party that will take place in our ballroom. We depend so much on rentals and this group booked 4 parties in advance so needless to say if they want more then one bartender they will get more then one bartender. I just do better on the other side of the bar but this is one of those roll up your sleeves time. I am fortunate that one of my Officers has generously volunteered to also come in and help. We decided we would toggle back and forth. Then oh yes tomorrow is Saturday one would think a day or weekend of rest right after all it is Easter weekend. Oh you silly fool no I am off to another Elks Lodge! This time in Marathon Florida! I usually spend the night there because while it is only a 2 hour drive coming back its on a long dark road and I do not particularly like driving at night. Besides on of the members over there found me a hotel for $69!! Yeah I was like wow cannot beat that price.

What I should do is take my camera and take some nice shots of the Keys one of the nice things about being down there is that you see such fabulous things. Like the picture you see above that was taken inside one of the Elks Lodges in the Florida Keys. Yes those are coconut heads your eyes are not playing tricks on you. The originality of people in the Keys is always fun and everyone is always nice and willing to help out in any way possible. So this is where I will be this weekend spending my time in the Keys.
Yeah it is the price I pay for living in Paradise I know.
Stay Tune..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope your busy weekend turned out well- I'm certainly much more comfortable on the dry side of the bar..