Thursday, April 30, 2009

Getting Lobstery in Miami

















Ah the weekend is almost here! The sun is still shinning. Lobsters are all around us. Well sort of. I went to the Keys a couple weeks back on Elk-related business (because gee why else would I go to the Keys living in Paradise) and while my Chonga BFF and I were going there we all saw this Lobster outside a now closed restaurant. Ok now I have made that trip so many times that I have lost count, and this is the first time I noticed this Lobster. Oh yes it has been there the whole time, I would say if it was a dog it would of ate my head but it's a Lobster I am lucky I am still walking. We all were laughing at it as we passed by and on the way back home her witty better half said we have to stop for a picture. So we did!

I am determined this year to take a better look at my surroundings and truly appreciate them more. I complain about the heat and the sun and the heat and the sun and how I long for winter nights where one can actually wear a jacket and bundle up. (Note to readers: IN Miami it happens about 20 days of the whole year) But this is a blessing in many ways because so many other places have it worse. So I thought this was time to look, smile and appreciate. And look what I found when I did it ....a Giant Lobster??? Can you imagine what more I will come up with oh wait prior to the Lobster there were those Coconut heads...How can we forget those!


So I guess the lesson here is to look at your surroundings with new open eyes and just enjoy. I am.

Stay Tune...

No comments: