Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Breathe

Greetings from the past. I know time is a trip I have spoken of it often and it has been a trip. I found myself getting wrapped up in all sorts of stuff and almost felt a new direction of the spirit moving but then I was reminded to stop and re-center and focus. I thought I would share simple steps in focusing and centering. The hopes is that when I lose my way I can read my own words and go DUH girlie wake up.


We all need time out to center ourselves and take a deep breath or two or three. When you are feeling stressed, pressured or stuck in a rut it is important to take time out and give yourself permission to enjoy life and do a simple easy meditation. This is what I like to call Meditation for Dummies (OMG you think I should write a book titled that?). I wonder if there is a book with that title? ok wait re-focus back to basic steps to meditate. Some may not understand the benefits of meditation but I have found that many times it brings clarity and focus and also can bring insight - at the very least it will not hurt you.


First find a place that is comfortable and sit in a position you find comfortable.

Allow your eyes to close slowly, relax the muscles in your face and begin to focus on your breath.

Now breathe. Yes breathe. Take in the source of your life. Exhale. Exhale the carbon dioxide oh yeah and all negative energies too, and anything that upsets you and may take your breath away. If there is something that just bothers you and takes your breath away just let it go at this point.


Now continue on this same trail...Breathe again. Yes just sit there and just breathe. Take in the oxygen, nutrients, and healing love. Now Exhale. Exahle that part in you that is holding your breath that holds you back and makes you feel stuck or cornered. If there is a part that doesn't want you to embrace life or anything just exhale it. See it leaving. Maybe it's an event see it going away. Exhale it all away.

As you do this just relax into your breath and know that air is flowing free and smooth in you. Just sit there and do this in total silence and quiet.

Mahatma Gandhi once said "In attitude of silence the soul finds the path in a clearer light, and what is elusive and deceptive resolves itself into crystal clearness."

So meditate in silence. Don't be surprised if you find the mind wandering around this is normal let it wander and then bring it back in and continue to breathe and release.

Enjoy.

No comments: