Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Remembrance

Remembrance day of the dead is vastly approaching and some also call it Halloween which is also fun but last year I decided to take this day to remember and thank all those loved ones that have passed on. I wanted to thank their spirits for being in my life when they were alive. I often think of mom, dad, brother, grandparents, friends who have passed on and sometimes even though they are not with me in the physical form I feel a little better in knowing that maybe from time to time they glance down from the heavens and smile. I especially find myself thinking of their smiles when stressful times approach and that provides comfort so I suppose it works for me.

I am also looking forward for this weekend because we are going to not just one but two Halloween parties! The first one is Friday night and it is a fundraiser event for The Gold-Diggers and I love me some Gold Diggers! It is for a good cause and it even made the Society News?? Gosh one would think I hang out with the rich and elite ha ha ha.

Then on Saturday night my friend Tina is throwing a Halloween bash. Well originally her friend had asked her if she could use her place to throw a Halloween party and well since it is Tina's place she gets to invite people too. Last time Tina came to my brothers house for one of his weekly "Get together parties" it was pretty wild (yeah and like when is it not?) . Well she totally loved it that is really up her alley mainly because her brother throws equally wild parties so this Saturday will be the gathering of her brother and his entourage and my brother and his entourage, all I can say is it will be one wild night in Cutler Bay. I cannot wait! Oh yeah there is an Elktone gig that night too. No sorry I will sadly miss that gig but hopes are that the Tones will finish early enough and one of the Tones can come to the party.

So now in my early morning meditating, contemplating and just hoping for a great day I ran into this poem and I figured it could not hurt to post..Enjoy

When things go wrong as they sometimes will,When the road you're trudging seems all uphill,When the funds are low and the debts are high,And you want to smile but you have to sigh,When care is pressing you down a bit Rest if you must, but don't you quit.Success is failure turned inside out,The silver tint on the clouds of doubt,And you can never tell how close you are,It may be near when it seems afar.So, stick to the fight when you're hardest hit It's when things go wrong that you mustn't quit.

No comments: