Thursday, June 25, 2009

Ying and Yang?


This week is proving to be a challenging one. I am sure things happen for a reason but I so long for auto pilot mode.


The Elks Lodge is becoming fun and stressful at the same time. Is that possible? I had a Leading Knight quit last night. Which is actually ok because he was not doing anything to help anyone and would most times not show up to meetings. Then when he would show up he would pick a fight with someone that he knew he could manipulate and bother. Kind of cowardly if you ask me. The ironic thing is last night when he didn't show up I decided today I was going to talk to him and ask him straight out will you or won't you. Instead I got a message from him stating how he was done. Ok fine see ya. Now this means I have an open position. Not like in the real paying world. Open positions in an Elks lodge pay NO money, you do it because you want to make a difference and you want to help your Lodge. So the search is on.


While that is the stressful portion the fun part is that I have the best House Committee Chair EVER! Yes ever! He ( ah hem husband unit too) is organizing decorating days, painting days, fix up days, fun events like a Sock Hop! Things where people will say wow there is something going on there. We are very fortunate to have him on our team.


The weekend is fastly approaching and one wonders will I get a day off from going to the Elks Lodge? No way! Saturday is my Chonga's 50th Birthday party!! Yes she is blessed to reach 50! Many cannot say the same and I for one am glad Chonga is around and heck will be around for another 50. You all should see this GIRL? Yes girl....She looks like Barbie (who also turned 50 this year) only slightly bigger parts and all natural.


But where will I be on Friday??? and Sunday???


Stay Tune...

1 comment:

Janis said...

ROFL! Barbie's boobs are MUCH perkier than mine but I have a better personality.

Glad that House Committee chair is working out so well. He's a keeper.