Monday, June 29, 2009

Blues Monday

Well it seems the week ended just a few minutes ago and here we are at Monday again. Lets review this weekend.



Friday went to the Elks Lodge and had a really nice dinner with friends. BBQ sandwiches and salad and good fun conversation. Overall pretty darn good night. Saturday Night we went to Chonga's birthday bash and had a super fantastic band. That band was awesome and the laugher with friends was even better. As parties go this was one for the books. Awesome. Sunday our little boy blue needed Mummy and Duddy's help moving. He and a friend signed their first lease and this was going to be his first apartment. So we rented a truck and helped the little one move. The place is rather nice. They have a balcony and it is in a gated community. I am happy he wants to try to make it on his own.

Along the way this weekend I started getting a little eye twitch which by the time Sunday night came was a wee bit painful and by the time Monday morning came around was not just painful but swollen. I think I looked like Rocky Balboa's right eye. Ok needless to say so not going to work looking like this and lets try to find a doctor who will see me like oh NOW. Ok one call nope sorry can't see you until later next week - ah thanks Doctor glad you are there to help. So then I remembered the Urgent Care place about a mile a so from the house. So I drive over there (this is all in the morning) and I see "Pediatrics" outside. ARGG no way come on. So I walk in and the girl goes no sorry here is a sheet a paper with the urgent care addresses. Ok thanks friendly receptionist. I go to my car and I see listed on this sheet the address I am at right now. Hum?? Oh wait in some print 6:00 PM - 11:00 PM. OK this is so not going to help me. I keep reading the other locations and their hours and I find one roughly 15-20 minutes away. Ok fine lets go there when they open at 11:00 AM which is only in a couple short hours. Well I went there and I was out in just over an hour! Apparently this place aims for having people in and out in under 2 hours. Ok not bad. Friendly folks there. Oh yes diagnosis was a Sty or as the doctor told me " A pimple inside your eyelid."

Ok whats with the pimples at my age? 40 something means no pimple only things like wrinkles, sagging skin and dark circles so along with that lets add a pimple inside my eyelid? Life you just have to go with it and say thanks. Then I am sitting here trying to decide if I wanted to watch my soaps or play on facebook and mind you the TV is on and the TV just shuts off. Yes it just turned off. No the power did not go off I was on the computer the TV just shut off. Ok fine is someone trying to tell me something? So I say thanks but I think I want to watch it so I push the button and it still does not go on. So I looked up, gave a smile, and said yes I am sure I want to watch it and I pushed it again and bingo she went on.

Sometimes it takes those little things to knock you back into reality.

But its still Monday and I have got the Blues...

No comments: