Monday, June 22, 2009

Remember me?

Oh yeah it has been a busy few weeks, heck I think its more months then weeks. I do not want to complain because I am happy to have job security and it does help the day go by. What has happened is all the volunteer and other stuff tend to sometimes suffer for it. However not so much the Elks Lodge! Yes I am happy to say it appears the trend is changing.



Lets start from the beginning. I began the Elk Year officially as Exalted Ruler in May 2009. I put in place a House Committee Chair who is in charge of the social quarters including the bartender. This HC Chair well lets just say he failed at his volunteer job. Not to go into details it would help they would do at least one of their duties instead of just walking around (when they show up) saying "Give me another drink bartender."



Needless to say the real issue was the bartender who well for lack of a better word was no bartender and had a major attitude and as lazy as they come. 2 qualities that are not good as a bartender. We suspected the reason many people were not returning was because of him. Ok we knew. Ok so HC Chair was removed and a new vibrant, full of energy person was put in place. Oh wait not only did this person say I will do the job but he said I will do it all the way and bartender is out of there. So now we are towards the end of June.


We have a NEW bartender that everyone loves! We have events planned at the lodge. We just had a huge one on Friday that blew us all away. 125 of our closest friends all came out to a dinner. We had live music by the world famous Elktones and boy did eveyone have a nice time.


The atmosphere is just super nice now. The new HC (who so happens to be my husband) is so on board with the new changes and new life. I can feel a change coming and for once I think the future looks pretty darn nice.

So we hope this continues certainly the effort is there...

Stay Tune

No comments: