Thursday, September 27, 2012

Time to Promote the Grove

If you know me you know I love the Grove. I cannot help it I hung out there in my younger days and I still tend to migrate there every so often. If you go there you get the charm, after all, look at how hard Burn Notice is fighting to stay in the hood!

So here we go have you ever wanted to see Miami like a tourist? As a Miami resident sometimes I have, to just to sit and listen to the history and in some cases have someone else drive. So lets hear it for the...

BRIGHT RED DOUBLE DECKER BUSSES!


Hop On Hop Off Bus Tour has two main loops: the beach loop and the city loop. I recommend the city loop. It offers a chance to explore major parts of Miami, including Coconut Grove, Little Havana, Coral Gables and Downtown. With traffic, this would be very frustrating to navigate as a tourist. And the beach is the beach: find the sand and you’re all set.

Since Coconut Grove stop is the one I’m most interested in. The tour takes you to Vizcaya and the Miami Science Museum, then all along the waterfront and into the heart of the Grove. If you love gardens and history, getting off and exploring Vizcaya is an excellent choice. It is the preeminent historical mansion with a Renaissance –inspired garden estate. If you just want to get more of a local vibe, get off near Cocowalk. There are tons of boutiques and cafes all along Commodore Street and Main Highway. Stop over at Jaguars for some Ceviche or walk over to Green Street and people watch! Then while you are there stop over at Mystical Amulet and let Cheryl Sandra Richardson give you a Tarot card reading.

Then you can get back on one of those lovely double-deckers and let them whisk you away to your next location.
Hop On Hop Off Tours cost $39 for adults and $29 for children for a one-day pass. Give it to someone as a unique birthday gift or dare I say...Christmas gift! So there you have it.

No comments: