Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Spring is here?

Happy Wednesday everyone. Well last night was the opening night of Spring Awakening and it is only in Miami for one week I almost wish it was on longer just to see how it will do. The place was packed and I suppose I was a bit surprised because it was a Tuesday night. But the night was good it was a very breezy night in Miami and being that close to the ocean made it breezier. Pretty good.

Now about the show well all I can say is WOW. Meaning like wow the name totally describes it all. The show was labeled as the awakening of sexuality for teenagers in the late 1890's. Which makes sense since it was written in 1891. My husband said something to me after the show was over which echoed what the cast member I interviewed said - he said its amazing that the same problems we have now are the ones we had then. He was right. There were certain scenes in there that even left my mouth opened. I don't want to blow it for those that may see the show but this show is not for the weak at heart and certainly and I repeat DO NOT bring kids. Seriously kids are so not allowed otherwise you will have a lot of explaining to do.

Now on to DWTS I may not had seen it live but I heard who got kicked off- Yeah Niecy. I liked her but in comparison to who are left it was her time to leave. Next off will be I suspect Ocho although he is putting up a good fight so you never know. Of course the winner will be Nicole and Derek. Hello professional dancer paired with professional dancer.

On Mondays show Nicole had a boo hoo crying moment and oh boy she said for all those people who said "this" meaning dancing came easy to her she wished they could be there to see her because it's not easy it is hard work. I wish I could of popped in there and said to her - look missy what we are saying is that you are a trained dancer and that is not fair in this competition.
Dancers are used to the long hours of training and your mind is used to seeing dance steps and memorizing them. Now bring in 10 other couples who are dancers by trait and dance against them and ok now we have a competition but against celebrities who are not dancers sorry sweetie I am so not feeling sorry for you. Plus she IS a dancer if she sucked her professional career may go down the drain because she would be labeled as the dancer who could not dance against unprofessionals. So yeah don't cry for me argentina.

whew that was my daily rant. Middle of the week oh what to do what to do..

Stay Tune

No comments: