Monday, May 10, 2010

Me? Press/Media? who knew!

Ah yes the time goes by like the wind blows and before you know a new season has started. In Miami a new season has begun it is summer. Oh yes I know you are saying ah hello missy we are entering Spring. That may be for the rest of the world but here in Miami we are entering bruttle heat and humidity better known as summer. Because as hot as it is now it will be just as hot in the summer. Yeah paradise what can I say I live in it.

So what has been happening? Well I upgraded my writing venture. I recently became an Examiner/writer for Examiner.com and more specifically an Examiner assigned to Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts. At first I thought oh no I certainly picked something off but then I realized the Arsht Center has tons of things going on all the time. I have written and published quite a few articles already and that is pretty exciting. Recently I was preparing an article on an upcoming show under the Broadway Across America series titled Spring Awakening. Well this show is hot to say the least. It has won 8 Tony Awards and provides tons of dancing and singing and along the a story on sexual awakening. Out of the blue I came across an email for someone associated with the show and I asked for a telephone interview with a cast member. The press agent was so kind that they did! I did my first interview and I tell you at first I was very nervous but then once I started talking to them it was pretty darn cool. The press agent then sent me an invite for opening night (tomorrow night) and I am so excited about it. I mean opening night! I have to go to the "Press/Media" table to pick up our tickets and that in itself is very exciting!

I cannot wait to see this show I have heard such great reviews and seen some of the numbers and well it just looks great.

I will certainly let you know how it goes.

In the meantime if you wish to read some of my articles they are here
Examiner Page: http://www.examiner.com/x-45715-Adrienne-Arsht-Center-for-Performing-Arts-Examiner

Still excited about DWTS! Final 5 and the ones left are good. I think Niecy will be the next one off but she is not going down without the fight because she is good and her partner is awesome too.

So will she make it?

Stay Tune

No comments: