Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Happy Tuesday

Well welcome Tuesday and how are you doing today? I am doing rather well myself thank you for asking. Sometimes I have to start like that in order to get into the mood for the day. The weekend was rather nice. Friday had a super nice time with the usual suspects. Finding a great place to eat that fits certain criteria is becoming a challenge but one thing that is not a challenge is the fun we have when we are together and that is what I really go for.

Saturday was nice too. Time out with girls and then a night cap at my brothers. If you know my brother, well night cap is a nice word for it the dude does have energy and is well high-spirited. Better then being old and boring is what I say.

I am getting so much closer to Canada time and I am really looking forward to it. This will be my first out of the country trip all by myself. Way excited. So in order to get started let me post my mantra for the day/week or until the next time I post one:

If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion. - Dalai Lama

That is an interesting thing compassion. We all say we have it or want it but how many people truly do that? The dictionary meaning of compassion is Deep awareness of the suffering of another coupled with the wish to relieve it. I think we all have been to the point where we do feel for someone when they are suffering, we give our sympathy, our shoulder to cry on, our friendship but how many of us can say we WISH to relieve it? Sometimes I think society has put us in a position where we say "wow hey I am so sorry to hear that I feel for you and I will pray for you." Then, we walk away and that is pretty much the end of it until we see that person again. So what if we stopped at that point and said hey you know I am here for you and I will pray for you but tell me is there something I can do right now to help you. Whether it be take a child to school, go get some groceries, give a ride somewhere, etc... It is something to think about isn't it?

Yeah I am so preparing myself for this deep enlightenment this has been my committed journey this year.

How will it go?

Stay Tune..

No comments: