Thursday, September 10, 2009

The line has been drawn

Well last nights meeting was as expected ugly. The two men from Mars came showing their ugly claws. They spoke about stuff they had no knowledge of acting like they knew and then that silly look of shock when someone with knowledge informed them that hello you are wrong and if one did what you want it would be breaking the law and going to jail. Then they have the nerve to sit there and start tossing accusations of the reasons people are doing what they are doing. No we are not being forced. (Since when has anyone forced me to do anything I don't want to do - he surely does not know me). It is just that I pick friendship over a bully. I refuse to give more of my time then I already have. Oh I got the line well we have this one guy who cooks for us, answers our phones, stays at night to watch rentals and he does it for free. Well good for him guess what I work for living! I have financial obligations. I have gotten used to indoor plumbing and electricity and that thing of a roof over my head really is appealing to me. To me that just sealed the deal in my decision. Anyone who can in all their talking be mean and nasty is not someone or a place I want to associate myself with.

I then asked myself why am I stressing over this? Honestly this is a volunteer portion of my life. I enjoyed helping out I truly do but when you demand I give more, and when I say I say no you say YES and you give me an ultimatum well the result is never going to be good. At least not with me. I hope some of my friends understand I think my true friends will. We have spoken and we decided we will continue to see each other and that will make it just that much more fun.

So I have one more event to do and that is this Sunday. I am going to pretend to be a bartender for the 1:00 Dolphins game. Go FINS! I promised the cook I would be there so I will be there. But that will most likely be one of my last appearances. As a volunteer I may return in a month when the place is packed with people as the wife of one of the members said.

Stay Tune

No comments: