Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Another week

Time just flies when you are having fun doesn't it? Let's recap the closing of March 5th has yet to take place I am hoping soon very soon. Friday I went to Lake Mary Florida which is close to Orlando on an Elk duty trip. Yeah can you picture the excitement on my face? Friday was uneventful. Arrived had dinner and drinks with a few people and went to bed early (ah early morning like 1:00 AM). Saturday had the seminar that last all day and was as exciting as watching Moths mate. So Saturday is down one more session to go that is scheduled to start on Sunday at 7:30 AM! The end is around noon or 1:00 PM. Ok so now this means I need to check out of the room before the class begins since check out is 11:00 AM. Ok great this means super early get up time. So I decided no party for you little girl, go to the dinner and head to you room - which I did. I was in the room by 9:00PM. Next morning was great, I got up early checked out packed the car and went to the seminar. The class ended around noon and I get in my car and just as I enter the highway BOOM a flat!

Well needless to say I was not amused. But I have Triple A (www.aaa.com). We have the Plus we have learned for stuff like this always get the best. Ok I called them and within 20 minutes someone shows up in the tow truck. He was an interesting gentleman baring gifts ok one gift he brought a cold bottle water. Yeah I could not figure that one out either but it was actually nice of him to do that. Ok so here is this guy putting my little donut spare and I know that driving long distance with those tires are unsafe so I ask this guy Hey do you know where the nearest tire store is I am not from here and need to obviously get this fixed? His answer "well ah today is Sunday so everything is closed maybe Sears somewhere up the road." Ok thanks Triple A dude.

I opted to not ask him any more questions and thanked him for helping me out. I got off at the next exit and the angels were smiling because within a mile from the exit was a Tire Plus store that get this was OPEN on a Sunday! Go figure. Well I go in there and a real nice guy feels bad for me and tells me that yes they will get me a new tire of course they will. However my tire is not in stock at their store BUT they will go to another location and get it. Ok guy this is ok. The turnaround time oh about 3-4 hours! Yeah that is current this means my original 4 hour drive home will begin around 4 ish or later. I had a feeling from the beginning it was going to be later. Ok he was nice enough to tell me that I could leave the rim there and go somewhere and be comfortable and call or come by around 4. I thought about this and yeah that is a great idea. I am heading back to the hotel. I rather sit there in the lobby and play on my facebook then sit in a hot dirty tire store.

A few hours went by I went to the store eventually the tire arrived and I was on my way home! A little tired but arrived home safe. Monday was a no work day for me and it was a good thing I felt like the life was sucked out of me. Pretty much did nothing.

Now what will this weekend bring? Oh excitement get this another Elks things...a visitation at the Florida Keys lodge. This one on Sunday. Oh boy I can't wait.

Stay Tune..

No comments: