Friday, February 19, 2010

Here is to Life

I know I speak of time passing by and I fall into my old ways of not updating. So sorry I will promise I will try - notice I said "try". So what has happened since I last posted. Seriously I do not think much.

One may think I am becoming the Elkie again if we count how many times I have gone and plan on going to an Elks Lodge. Last Friday we went to Italian Night at the South Miami Coral Gables Lodge and while it was rather fun to sit my friends and fellow gang members, I really could of been spared the "hungry" looks. Hungry meaning "oh will she return gosh I hope so we need another stupid sucker to do crap for us and not get paid and then beat up when it goes wrong." But one thing is certain is that the new "leader" who will be leading this the lodge this year is a pompous *(&*(&^*(& yeah fill in the blanks. This is a guy who once yelled at the top of his lungs at me when I started helping out and then about a year ago told everyone in a meeting to F()*)(*() off and F(U)(*()*)_ this lodge and everyone in it. Yeah this is going to be the new leader. So what is the chance that I will go and help him out? Even on my forgiveness trail I ain't that stupid.

But regardless I am still attending some lodge functions. My attendance on meetings is going to go down that is for sure. I was allowing myself once a month attendance but after the new Elk year starts I will need to spread that to once every 2 or 3 months.

But tonight we are planning on traveling to the Florida Keys Lodge. Now I have to admit I enjoy that lodge. They are a set of really nice fun people there. I love the current Exalted Ruler (mainly cuz he has a cute ponytail), he is way cool especially when he shows up at "special functions" in flower shirt and Tshirt. Gotta love the Keys! They have a nice back drop too. A dock with a great view when the sun sets. Tonight they are having a fish dinner for $10 - hello can it not get any better then that?

Then tomorrow night oh yes we go to the South Miami lodge again. Yeah you remember the one with the incoming high energy Exalted Ruler? Honestly if it wasn't for the fact that we like the guy in the band and he too is doing a lot of the cooking if it wasn't for that there is no way I would go to that function. Once that is done on Wednesday there is a lodge meeting I am going to attend because I decided that I am going to see the new officers go in and there is one I am going to nominate because well - they deserve him. I only wish I could of thought of this plan earlier. It will not work fully as I thought but thats ok there is always next year.

Once that is done attendance in that lodge for me will go waaaaaay down.

So my friends here is to you and life.

1 comment:

Janis said...

And let's not forget the fish dinner tonight is cooked the way YOU LIKE IT. Yeah, life is good!