Tuesday, May 12, 2009

5 Questions

Here is something different and fun.

Jamie at Starshyne Productions recently participated in an interview session where she was asked 5 questions. She decided to carry this on to her blog and I was picked as one of the lucky people to interview. So Jaime asked me 5 questions and here they are.

First the rules:

THE INTERVIEW RULES*

*leave me a comment with your email address saying: “interview me”
* I will e-mail you five questions of my choice
* you can then answer the questions on your blog {with a link back to my blog}
* you should also post these rules, along with an offer to interview anyone else who emails you, wanting to be interviewed
* anyone who asks to be interviewed should be sent 5 questions to answer on their blog
* it would be nice if the questions were individualized for each blogger

My Questions from Jaime were:


1. When you were a girl, what was your favourite hobby?

I grew up in what is considered a very low income part of the city. My parents did not have the income to register me in sports and go to events. I was a very shy little girl. I played hop scotch a lot! In the elementary years I really had no hobbies. I know hard to believe but I really didn't I just sort of took one day at a time and watched a lot of TV. Then in middle school I recognized that I was a bit shy and took drama in an effort to break me out of my shyness. Did it work? Well yes and no. It worked in as much when I had to stand up in front of the class and talk I would pretend to be a particular character and make that speech my performance. In real life? Some of my friends laugh when I say I am shy but I really am! It is just once I know you and feel comfortable I let loose a bit but in new situations I am very shy. So that was my hobby.

2. What's something you've done that took bravery?

I guess right now. I am Exalted Ruler ( in other words President) of my Elks Lodge. This Lodge is taking a lot of undeserved heat from high ups right now and I am challenged by having to confront these people and situations. Generally I do not like being in charge of anything, I like helping out and being a behind the scenes person but I do not like being front center like hey look at me. I guess it goes back to my shyness. However in this case I am no longer hiding. Some say it is good and a good experience for me but shoot to step into a turmoil is not what I wanted. Makes me wonder if I am able to handle it regardless I will tackle it on and see the outcome. I do have high hopes and I will fight for the cause.

3. What inspired you to start blogging?

I guess I gave in to peer pressure. I have a couple people I know who blog and they were like yes you should. I wondered what would I write about? After all I am not Seinfeld and do a blog about nothing and it would interesting. Then one day I got up and had decided I wanted to put that book that has been in my head for years in motion. Ok in order to get closer to the book meant I needed to write more to get into the habit of writing. So I thought ok lets try a blog. This will encourage me to write daily or at least often. Then what did I discover as I am searching and reading but such great blogs and on topics I am highly interested in! WOW who knew? Ok a little late...but I am getting there I have not made my first year yet I believe it will be one year on July 27th. But I have gained so much in that short period of time. I have read such wonderful stories, emailed with really nice people. Jaime's questions are so challenging. I truly enjoy this.

4. What would be the best gift anyone could ever give you?

Tough question Jaime. I guess right now the best gift I could have is peace of mind and wisdom. I know wisdom comes with time and peace of mind is really my own gift I have to find but gosh this is a hard question. Honestly the best gift I could have from someone is no judgement or make assumptions based on a label. By label I mean do not make assumptions based on: They are Cuban, They do not earn a high income, they are Exalted Ruler. Just see first and then make up your mind.


5. Where would you like to be on your next birthday

Well my next birthday I will be returning from a convention so I will actually be on the road from gosh an Elk Meeting. ARGGG. But lets remove all that. Where would I like to be? Waking up in another country say oh United Kingdom. Yeah that would be cool. Some place different each year afterwards. How is that for dreaming?

1 comment:

Jamie said...

What an awesome idea to wake up in a different place each year for your birthday!

Congratulations on your brave bold step to be exalted leader. With a blog name that has peace in it, you must be just the right person to resolve the conflict :)

Thanks for being a wonderful interviewee! I loved reading your answers.